Sunday, December 18, 2011

It's Pumpkin's Fault

Have I mentioned Christmas is my favorite time of the year?

Not only is Christmas music constantly playing, the tiny amount left of my pumpkin candle is melting, causing me to crave any type of pumpkin dessert.

I have three cans of pumpkin I might add.  One is the huge can too.

I looked up several pumpkin recipes and decided it was either eat amazing pumpkin-ness...and...gain more weight...OR, spend my time working on some craft to fulfill my creation desire.

So this is the craft that came of my pumpkin craving. 

And guess what?  No weight gained.

Success.

I got a cardboard "W" from JoAnn's and some red berries from Michaels....



I pulled off the berries and hot glued them to the cardboard letter.  Just a warning, some of the red came off of the berries...but I plan to color the white parts in with a red sharpie.


Then I worked on the wreath part.  I don't have any pictures of the supplies used for the wreath because I worked on it really late, sorry about that.  But this picture shows what the wreath looked like before I made it pretty.   I used a package that said, Moss Table Runner for the moss.  This is actually a bad idea because the moss smells terrible...and I would not want to smell that while eating food from a table with a moss table runner on it...but whatever! No one asked me.

Anyways, the moss table runner was great to use because it already had netting on the back that held the moss together when I cut it into sections.  Then I hot glued the moss to the wreath! This was actually not that difficult and took about an hour or so.



A friend of mine recommended that I find a way to make the cardboard letter able to be removed.  This way I can still use the moss part and put something on it for other seasons in the year.  I REALLY liked that idea, so I poked two holes in the corner at the top of the cardboard letter.  I then put green floral wire through the holes and wrapped it around the wreath. (Pictured above)

TADA! This wreath on our cheap apartment door makes it look really fancy!

Perfect.

I'm pretty much obsessed with this wreath and love it.  I've considered putting it on the inside of our door whenever I come home so that Mr. W and I can enjoy my creation...lame. I know.  I will refrain myself.

COST:

  • Moss table runner (14 feet long) from Michaels:  $8.00 (with 40% off coupon)
  • Hay wreath (18 inches) from Michaels:  $5.00
  • Cardboard "W" (approx 12inches) from JoAnn's:  $4.00
  • Berries (one bunch worked for me) from Michaels:  $5.00 (with 50% off coupon)
  • Floral wire (green) from Michaels:  $2.00 (I only used a tiny bit of this so it can be used with other projects as well)
Total:  Approximately $24.00
Time:  Approximately 2 days (only because I was lazy gluing the berries on)


Hope you enjoy!

Mrs. W

p.s.  My pumpkin candle is gone now...I have a cookie candle lit...peanut butter cookies or another craft??



p.p.s.  I accidentally deleted the original post of this...I attempted to rewrite it but wasn't able to remember things. Lame. I know.  I apologize.



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the cost breakdown. :) Bummer that the original post got deleted. It's a fabulous wreath!

    ReplyDelete